Burning permits are required all year round and prior to any burning taking place within the RM of Dauphin. Permits will only be issued during R.M. Office business hours. Once you have submitted your permit request, you must wait until you have received confirmation of the permit being issued before you light the fire.
If you require a burning permit please send us an email to email@example.com or give us a call at 204-638-4531 and we will issue the permit verbally or via email.
The required information for a burning permit is:
Land Owner Name
Legal Description(s) of where the burning takes place.
Description of what you are burning
Date you would like to start. (Burning permits are valid for a week from start date)
Cell Phone Number of the person monitoring the fire.
** Always remember, burning permits are subject to the following conditions and the provisions of The Wildfires Act & Manitoba Burning of Crop Residue Regulations and:
1. THAT the fire is kept under control at all times.
2. THAT you bear responsibility for all property damage which may result.
3. THAT you fireguard the area as required under the terms of “The Wildfires Act”.
4. THAT No fire to be set and left unattended.
5. THAT No fire to be set when fire conditions are extreme or hazardous and Applicants must abide by provisions as stated within the Manitoba Agriculture and Food crop residue burning PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS at:
TOLL FREE : 1.800.265.1233 or www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/ as such announcements will have precedent.
PLEASE NOTE: PROVISIONS OF BY-LAW NO. 3002 ARE VIOLATED, THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE ASSIGNED PENALTY AND ANY COSTS INCURRED.
The only Exemption of a Permit: Any fire that is set in an enclosed container or located in an area of dirt/sand that has been set for cooking or warmth and would normally be considered a "camp fire"; provided that while this is being burnt a responsible person monitors the fire to ensure that it does not get out of control.